The GI MAP stool test is a powerful tool we use to analyze your microbiome, digestive function and inflammation in the gut. All health can be said to begin in the gut. When digestion is dysfunctional, all kinds of health issues arise from skin conditions to autoimmune to joint pain, malnourishment, bloating and gas. With this incredible stool analysis, we can gain a clear picture of what's going on in your gut and how to balance it. Please read these detailed instructions carefully before proceeding:
In some cases, it is useful to take a biofilm disruptor supplement prior to conducting the stool test. It is often the case that pathogenic bugs in the digestive microbiome will hide inside of the biofilm, a slimey substance that attaches to the intestinal walls and inside of which many bugs live. When these bugs are inside of a biofilm, they will not as readily be released and might not be found in a stool sample. Disrupting the biofilm, allows us to gain more clarity about what is actually happening in the digestive system.
Generally recommend 2 Interfase plus 2x/day away from food for two weeks. Then wait THREE (3) days before collecting stool sample.
1. Do not collect your sample while menstruating as blood is a contaminant that will void the test.
2. You can drink Senna tea for help with bowel movements if needed.
1. LMN will mail your test kit to you.
2. Before collection, make sure to read the collection instructions included in the kit.
3. Don't mail test kit on a Saturday or around holidays.
4. Follow instruction included in the kit to mail the kit back to the lab
5. Be sure to write your name and date of birth on all vials.
6. You will find a prepaid FedEx sticker inside the kit to mail to mail the specimen to the lab. Simply drop it at any FedEx pick up facility.
7. DO NOT SHIP OVER HOLIDAYS - Labs close for holidays. Check with me on lab schedules if you are doing a test around a holiday.
Let us know if you have any questions!