Are you a carboholic? Does everything seem stressful and hard? How to identify a sugar imbalance.
There are many obvious symptoms that are indications that your blood sugar handling systems are in need of a tune-up. Let's look deeper and see if sugar or carbs are disrupting your health and happiness.
- Are you a carbohalic or hopelessly beholden to sugar cravings?
- Have you been diagnosed with pre-diabetes, insulin resistance or diabetes?
- Do you get shaky and angry if you miss a meal?
- Do your energy levels and your mood fluctuate dramatically?
- Do you prefer sugary or carb-heavy foods rather than a balanced meal of veggies, protein and fats?
- Do you require sugar or caffeine to get you through your day?
- Are you hungry all the time?
- Thirsty all the time?
- Urinate too frequently?
- Does everything seem stressful and hard?
Cravings and binging have so much more to do with nutrient deficiencies, poor digestion, digestive infections like candida, and a high sugar/carb diet that is not supporting you fully than with lack of willpower.
You can get off of this binge-craving-sugar rollercoaster.
We want you to know rather, that sugar imbalances and the uncomfortable symptoms you may be experiencing along with it are a physical, observable, quantifiable, measurable dysfunctions of your body systems due, at least in part, to a diet that is not suiting you.
Here are a few strategies to get you started in gaining better control over these issues by understanding what is really going on rather than suffering trying to activate willpower.
- Start with Breakfast. A blood sugar balancing breakfast is essential to start your day off right. It should include
- plenty of veggies,
- a good quality protein like a farm-fresh egg, or leftover meat or fish, and
- healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, nuts or even animal fat from properly raised animals.
- Avoid snacks that are sugary or only carbs. Instead, all meals and snacks should be balanced with veggies, proteins and healthy fats. Don't just eat an apple. Add lots of nut butter. Don't just eat a potato. Add olive oil, some meat and a salad.
- Eat lots of fiber with every meal.
- Notice when you are getting overstressed and overreactive. Create systems in your life to give you the space to calm down, take time to yourself and recover.
Gaining resiliency in your sugar handling systems will change your life. If you are stuck in a pattern of sugar or carb reactivity we want you to know that you have the power to overcome it, to reclaim your life and feel stable, nourished, happy, calm and empowered.